3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp- corn starch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp- dried or fresh orange zest
6 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp saffron essence
few strands saffron
few chopped pistachios from Bronte- for ganish
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add in the vanilla and saffron essence.
3. In a bigger bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix gently making a soft dough.
5. Make small balls and flatten them a bit in-between your palms. Arrange on the baking try keeping some distance in between balls.
6. Now garnish by adding pistachio and saffron strands to the center of each flattened balls.
7. Bake for 12 minutes in the pre-heated oven. Let cookies cool for a 3-4 minutes before removing from the tray and let cool completely on a wire rack.