Vegan pea, pistachio & fresh tarragon hummus
- 2 cups fresh raw green peas, simmered for 15-18 minutes in just enough salted water to cover and drained (or use 2 cups pre-cooked peas)
- 1/3 cup roasted and lightly salted shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons walnut or olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- coarse sea or kosher salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Garnish: a few whole or chopped pistachios, a slice of lemon, and/or a sprig of fresh tarragon
Step 1: Place all ingredients in food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse until desired consistency is reached.
Step 2: Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed. Pulse one more time and scrape into serving bowl.
Step 3: Garnish as desired and served with the bread, toast, crackers or veggie dippers of your choice.
Fonte autore:http://www.thebloomingplatter.blogspot.it/ Betsy DiJulio