JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 991
Chocolate chip cookies with cranberry & pistachios
- Plain flour 255 g
- Salt 5 g
- Baking soda 5 g
- Unsalted butter 150 g
- Brown sugar 100 g
- Sugar 55 g
- Corn syrup 3 1/4 tbsp
- Milk 2tbsp
- Vanilla essense 3/4 tbsp
- Bittersweet chocolate chips 200 g
- Pistachio nuts 100 g
- Dried cranberries 85 g
Bittersweet chocolate & pistachio biscotti
- 1 cup nuts
- 2 and 2/3 cups All-Purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
This week's recipe: pistachio and rosewater palmiers
- 110 g (3/4 cup) pistachios
- 55 g (1/4 cup) caster sugar + 2 tablespoons for dusting
- 3 teaspoons rose water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 20 g butter, softened
- 3 sheets ready roll puff pastry
cranberry-pistachio cornmeal biscotti
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
Pistachio and cardamom cookies
Cook time:25 min
Ready in:1 hour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon orange oil
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees(F.) Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment. In a medium bowl, whisk the dry ingredients.
Step 2: In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then beat in the orange zest and orange oil.
Step 3: With mixer on low speed, gradually stir in the flour mixture until smooth, then stir in the pistachios and cranberries.
Step 4: Divide the dough into thirds. Shape each piece into a 12 inch log. Place two logs on one sheet(apart) and the other in the middle of the other cookie sheet.
Bake for 30 minutes, until the logs turn a light golden color and are somewhat firm to the touch. Remove from the oven to a cooling rack and reduce oven to 300 degrees.
Step 5: Let cool about 15 minutes, then using a serrated knife(careful Annie!) slice diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Place upright on cookie sheets and bake for about 20 minutes, until dry and lightly golden. Let cool on rack, enjoy!
- 60 g icing sugar, sifted
- 125 g plain flour, sifted
- 60 g corn flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup ground pistachios
Step 1: Cream butter & icing sugar for 1 minute. Add flour in 3 batches and beat till light & fluffy for another 3 minutes.
Step 2: Using a spatula, fold in pistachios until evenly mixed. Chill dough in fridge for 3 hrs.Shape dough into small balls.
Step 3: Flatten slightly with back of a fork. Sprinkle extra chopped pistachios on top.
Step 4: Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius for 15-20 minutes.(the cookie is soft but will harden upon cooling)
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp- corn starch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp- dried or fresh orange zest
6 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp saffron essence
few strands saffron
few chopped pistachios from Bronte- for ganish
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add in the vanilla and saffron essence.
3. In a bigger bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix gently making a soft dough.
5. Make small balls and flatten them a bit in-between your palms. Arrange on the baking try keeping some distance in between balls.
6. Now garnish by adding pistachio and saffron strands to the center of each flattened balls.
7. Bake for 12 minutes in the pre-heated oven. Let cookies cool for a 3-4 minutes before removing from the tray and let cool completely on a wire rack.
½ sprouted buckwheat flour or buckies blended till fine
½ cup active almonds
½ cup freshly shelled pistachios
3 tbs agave
2 tbs coconut butter
1 tbs fresh lemon zest
Equal amounts of fresh lemon juice and agave mixed together
In a food processor grind nuts and buckwheat if you need to until very fine. Add the agave and coconut butter and blend until it is sticky and will hold together well. Turn out and shape into individual round mini cakes.
Crush some extra pistachios and sprinkle over cakes. Add some lemon zest to present.
Place the syrup in a small pouring cup and pour over cake just before eating or leave it up to the individual to pour their own.