Fresh and intense fruity with pronounced scents of artichoke and aromatic herbs. It is ideal for raw use, especially for Mediterranean cuisine.
- Name: Extra virgin olive oil “Sofia”
- Olive variety: Nocellara etnea.
- Production area: Etna’s slopes
- Type of field: Volcanic.
- Altitude olive trees: 400-900 meters above sea level
- Harvest system: The olives are picked by hand and/or with the aid of tools.
- Maturity at harvest: At veraison.
- Times of pressing: within 6 hours after harvesting.
- Characteristics of olives: In advanced veraison the olive pulp remains white.
- Extraction system: Three phase method with dual-extraction
- Extraction: Cold- pressed with a temperature no more 27 degree
-The storage of olive oil: Storage in stainless steel vessels with a nitrogen system in each tank, in dark places and controlled temperature throughout the year between 12° and 18°C.
- Acid content expressed as oleic acid: 0,10 – 0,25 MAX.
- Filtering: Natural decanting in tank
- Colour: It is bright yellow coloured tending towards green.
- Smell: Fresh and intense fruity with pronounced scents of artichoke and aromatic herbs
- Flavour: Balanced, full aromatic taste with persistent herbaceous scents.
- Matching: It's ideal for raw use, especially for Mediterranean cuisine.
- Disciplinary rules: As product specification of production, in a very small area near the slopes of Etna.
Everything is controlled and certified by Agroqualità Roma, tag number C212. For the product traceability, each bottle is sequentially numbered, with the indication of the period of harvesting olives.